Advanced Control Engineer
FULL-TIME POSITION | April 12, 2018
Due to ongoing business growth, ControlSoft Inc. has an immediate opening for an Advanced Control Engineer on our On-site Engineering team in South Charleston, West Virginia. The opening is for a full-time position in the area of advanced process control and associated software system development/support. The work performed will be in support of this strategic partner company.
South Charleston, West Virginia
Selected candidate will be responsible for configuring, implementing, and supporting advanced process control for the facilities of ControlSoft’s strategic partner. Activities include: software configuration, software tool development, process/control troubleshooting, software troubleshooting and project documentation, interfacing with business staff, operating staff, global team and subject matter experts (SMEs), and training of client personnel. In addition, the person would be responsible for development, testing and implementation of advanced process control software per functional specifications developed by the SMEs.
The selected candidate must have the capacity to learn new process control functionality and software, and work in a team environment with internal and external personnel. In addition, the individual must be able to work with minimal supervision on less defined tasks and problems. This person should have or be able to quickly develop a good working knowledge of the process technologies, basic process control, and automation software systems.
The role will include ongoing operations support. Occasional travel to other sites may be required to assist in implementation of new technologies, client training and support, and new facility start-up.
- Development, testing and implementation of process control technology software per SME’s directions
- Able to coach and present process control improvements to multicultural audience.
- Frequent support of local and remote facilities to troubleshoot process control problems.
- Work with peers in the testing and implementation of advanced process control improvements.
- Ability to track and drive advanced control projects and fulfill the schedule requirements with multicultural and globally located individuals.
- Refinement and streamlining of work processes, tools, and procedures to improve product quality and more efficiently develop, configure, and support advanced process control systems.
Education and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering with interests in process technologies, process control and software development, or suitable experience relevant experience.
- Practical experience in computer programming and troubleshooting process control issues in manufacturing processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and results oriented.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting your resume, please include Position No. 2018-ENG-1802.