ControlSoft is excited to announce the release of MANTRA Software v5.6 which includes the following user interface and tool enhancements:
- Block Execution Sequence Tool – The Block Execution Sequence dialog has been updated with new
features and usability enhancements.
- Block Parameter Watch Windows – Block-specific Watch Windows now have the block name removed from all block parameters for better readability. The block name is now part of the window title instead.
- Project Watch Window Tabs – The last selected Watch Window tab is now saved in the project. When re-opening the Watch Window, the tab is automatically restored and selected.
- Input/Output Connector Traversals – Additional functionality has been added for Input and Output Connector Block traversals.
- Online Monitor and Offline Block Parameter Modes – Online Monitor mode is now distinguishable from Offline mode in block diagrams.
- Block Diagram Selection Dialog – The Dialog to select a block diagram has been expanded for better visibility of project names and diagram lists.
- Module Versioning – Module and project versions are reported more consistently with additional information in the Help -> About dialog.
For detailed information, please see the MANTRA Software v184.108.40.206 Release Notes, publication MN338A-EN, included with the software download.
For more help with advanced techniques for process control strategies beyond basic PID control, including cascade control, override control, gain scheduling, feedforward compensation, and model-based control, consider our Advanced Process Control Techniques training.
ControlSoft is excited to announce the release of INTUNE and INTUNE+ Software v7.0, which includes the following enhancements:
- OPC UA Data Driver – Easily connect to OPC UA server to access data.
- OSIsoft PI Data Driver – Easily connect to OSIsoft PI server to access data.
- OSIsoft PI Data Import – Easily connect to PI AF SDK to access historical data in DataTune plugin.
- DCOM Security – Modified OPC DCOM security to use Packet Integrity option for Workspace and Server OPC DA data communication.
- Historian – Enhanced data request handling and performance as well as process auto-recovery and auto-restart for robustness.
- Tuning Algorithm – Changed tuning formulas to improve PID terms for time-constant dominant non-integrating processes.
- CLPM WebUI Updates – A new WebUI is available to connect to a CLPM project after it is completed and deployed. This WebUi provides a clear and concise view of loop performance.
For detailed information, please see the INTUNE Software v220.127.116.11 Release Notes, publication MN112A-EN, included with the software download.
We’re excited to share a new version of the PID Loop Tuning Pocket Guide to help your team simplify processes so you can deliver your best. As fellow engineers, we know that properly tuned PID loops are crucial to enhancing your plant’s performance. That’s why we’ve thoughtfully redesigned this pocket guide based on your feedback.
This quick reference guide introduces your team to the process of manual PID tuning. It covers things like:
- Process definitions and controller terms
- Types of PID loops
- Tuning methods and loops
- PID tuning tools
- And more
Download the guide today and learn how to efficiently tune PID loops.
We created this pocket guide to solve for simple solutions. If your needs are more complex, our team of field engineers and PhD’s would love to hear about it.
Questions? (440) 443-3900 | Send Us A Message
We have updated our PID Loop Tuning Pocket Guide! Version 6 includes information on integrating processes, how to test them when tuning open loops as well as the controller references for them too. By investing in tuning your PID loops (temperature, level, pressure and flow), your control loops will operate efficiently, rather than just being functional.
The INTUNE and INTUNE+ Software, v.18.104.22.168 release, includes enhancements to the following areas:
- Server – Updated project backup functionality, loop import/export functionality, and object user name validation.
- Licensing – Added additional support for USB key validation.
- Plugins – Improved Adapt Tune diagnostic mode, added new properties to Trending faceplate, improved ComparePID faceplate, and updated Auto Tune trend settings.
- Controller – Added additional property for Emerson Ovation controllers.
- General – Updated OPC client driver.
For detailed information, please see the INTUNE Software v22.214.171.124 Release Notes, publication MN110A-EN, included with the software download.
ControlSoft is pleased to announce the signing of a value-added reseller agreement with Hiram Process Control Engineering, a consulting company serving industrial process control companies in Israel.
Hiram Process Control is led by Avihu Hiram, a process and control expert with over 45 years of experience specializing in process control, process monitoring, process design and hazardous material safety, and focused on energy issues and environmental implications.
“We are pleased to welcome Hiram Process Control Engineering to the ControlSoft family,” said Tien-Li Chia, President at ControlSoft, Inc. “As we continue to expand our presence globally, Hiram Process Control Engineering will help us provide service to customers in Israel, and we look forward to a long and successful relationship.”
Since 1985, ControlSoft has been a global provider of platform-independent process control software and engineered solutions. Our products and services are sought by prominent companies in leading industries. By maintaining a focus on improving plant availability, production efficiency, operational safety and environmental compliance, we continue to deliver world-class control solutions for our customers.
phone 440-443-3900, ext. 101
[This release was modified on May 6, 2020.]