We are pleased to announce that INTUNE and INTUNE+ v126.96.36.199 are now available. Highlights include:
- Interface to PI System.
- Performance Improvements.
- Additional usability enhancements and bug fixes.
Connecting to a PI System
You can now use INTUNE+ CLPM Software to collect historical and real-time data from your OSIsoft® PI System®. Using the Auto Tune tool, you can interface to your PI System, query data and import queried data into INTUNE software to help optimize your plant performance.
INTUNE+ CLPM Software can analyze this data and make adjustments to process variables that will help your process run in a stable, predictable, and consistent manner, at or close to setpoint.
- New Project Data Format – For improved performance when loading, executing, and saving projects, the INTUNE project format has been modified to a new data format. Projects saved in the new format can be reverted back to the original format.
- Export/Import Loop Functionality – The Export/Import loop functionality has been updated for better performance.
- Updates to Find Tags Dialog
- Updates to Property Configuration Dialog
- Report Metadata – Report Type properties containing Company information are now editable during runtime.
- System I/O Reports – System IO reports have been discontinued.
For detailed information, please see the INTUNE Software v188.8.131.52 Release Notes, publication MN109A-EN, included with the software download.
ControlSoft is pleased to announce that we have been accepted into the OSIsoft Partner EcoSphere Program as an Application Partner.
The benefits of this partnership will be realized by customers who choose to interface the ControlSoft INTUNE®+ Control Loop Performance Monitoring (CLPM) with an existing OSIsoft PI System®. ControlSoft is developing software that allows INTUNE+ to connect like a client application at either the PI Archive or PI Asset Framework level. This enhanced method of data exchange between the INTUNE+ and the PI System improves usability and security beyond that available today.
OSIsoft’s PI System captures data from sensors, manufacturing equipment and other devices and turns it into rich, real-time insights for saving energy, improving productivity or developing new products. Over 1,000 leading utilities, 90 percent of the largest oil and gas companies and more than 65 percent of the Fortune 500 industrial companies rely on the PI System to get the most out of their businesses. Worldwide, the PI System manages over 1.6 billion data streams.
“Our customers are demanding that the exchange of information between applications related to their process control system be done in a reliable, fault-tolerant and secure environment” said Joe Patella, General Manager, ControlSoft. Inc. “We believe that the infrastructure provided by the OSIsoft PI System will help ControlSoft meets these demands. For over 30 years our customers have placed their trust in us to deliver process control solutions which optimize their plant’s performance while stabilizing and improving the safety of their operations. We will diligently work to earn that trust and believe that joining the OSIsoft Partner Ecosphere Program is evidence of our continual commitment to Customer Satisfaction.”
OSIsoft, the OSIsoft logotype, and PI System are registered trademarks of OSIsoft, LLC. INTUNE is a registered trademark of ControlSoft Inc.
For the second year in a row, ControlSoft has been named to Inc. 5000’s List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
While making it on the list one time is an extraordinary achievement, making it on the list a second time is something only 1/3 of honorees have been able to do. This list represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment — its independent small businesses – and is the most competitive crop in Inc.’s list history.
Realize Energy and Cost Savings The use of variable frequency drives (VFDs) in flow control applications is gaining in popularity and eroding the hegemony of traditional control valves. Energy efficiency is the main reason for this change producing multiple economic payouts, although there may be benefits to process dynamics as well. VFDs are used to […]
We are pleased to announce that INTUNE and INTUNE+ v184.108.40.206 are now available. Highlights include:
- Enhanced INSIGHTTM Applications Framework (formerly WebOPC).1
Enhancements focused on performance improvements and ease of deployment.
- Improved OPC Client Protection and Performance.
Improved connectivity and performance for multiple simultaneous OPC clients.
- Additional usability enhancements and bug fixes.
Additionally, INTUNE+ software includes:
- Enhanced INSIGHT Mobile App
INSIGHT mobile app communicates diagnostics on process controllers and final elements for corrective action. Major enhancements are implemented in the Message Center functionality:
- Improved message interface
- Filtering and sorting messages by criticality, class, frequency, type and time.
- Message center now allows I&C users to add comments to any message. Multiple comments can be added to a message, and users can track specific messages for maintenance purposes. Messages and comments can be exported for other reports.
- Expanded Capability and Increased Performance of Diagnostic Scripts
Larger and more complex diagnostic scripts are supported with faster and more efficient execution.
1 We plan to release INSIGHT software in the third quarter of 2017. A beta version of the software is currently available.
In December 2016, ControlSoft was once again named one of the fastest growing companies in Northeast Ohio. The Weatherhead 100 awards are the premier celebration of Northeast Ohio’s leading companies.
We’ve updated our PID Loop Tuning Pocket Guide to help you better understand the types of PID loops, how to tune Closed, Open and Cascade loops, and we’ve included parameters for the more common PID controllers used in plants today. By investing in tuning your PID loops (temperature, level, pressure and flow), your control loops will operate efficiently, rather than just being functional.